Monday, April 4, 2016

Letting my senses drift through the Landscapes.......

Letting my senses drift through the Landscapes....... 

We sat there for long…….! 

Silhouetted against the hazy orange hues of setting sun, we saw, bathed in dazzling blue, those unending stretches of Western Ghats at a distance. Just as I squatted on the grass and gawked at the glittering sun, a faint whiff of chilly breeze caressed the warmth of me, riffled my wavy hair and swayed over my stretched out arm and swished past in a hurry. Oh yes, it was like a beautiful seraph dancing around me, enticing me towards her for some fluid motions by humming a piece of beautiful tune I had never heard before in my ears. And...... And for a moment I felt as if we were lovers in our past life……..

We sat there for long……!

The caring Mother Nature, till then slumbering in the calm and sublime beauteous evening, woke up smiling to our arrival. We were in the threshold of a new world, a place beyond belief, a place famous for providing shelter to the “pandavas” during their exile and hence got the name “ Panchali Medu” .

Yes, Panchali Medu. We sat there for long…….!

The air was thick with the scent of some wild flowers that burgeoned among the vast foliage. Some sweet purifying aroma of incense sticks someone had lighted as an offering in front of a small temple nearby made the whole atmosphere surcharged with divinity.

We sat there for long…….!

Now, at a distance, we saw the sun begin to set and the darkness was not too far away. Taking our memories along, we decided to leave. Remains of our intense longing for that place scattered hither and thither like those old remains of stone sculptures. Just as we drove out cherishing those happy memories and moments, a misty wind whistled past us and whispered in our ears, “children, please do come back and visit again”. Yes I thought, nature is a huge stage where an everlasting ballet being continuously performed with only the audience changing.

Panchali Medu, a place from where we started our three day journey to Thekkady and Kodaikanal last week, letting my senses drift through the landscapes………… 

I will be back again very soon……!



 









No comments:

Post a Comment