Sunday, November 22, 2015

High Power Kaadhal





Sometimes it's just plane fun to try private buses, especially when you are traveling through Tamil Nadu's rural expanse. Most buses play loud music and their drivers blast horn incessantly creating a cacophony that make an assault on your audioception. I knew, the situation would be no different today when I boarded a private bus from Dindigul to Madurai while coming back from Ponnagaram. Surprisingly, it was not music this time. Playing on the screen was a Tamil movie whose name I got from a small school boy sitting next to me. "Kaadhal" (Love), a Tamil Romantic drama film.....; Watching his uncontrollable giggling over the smallest humor, romance or passion while gawking at the screen, I thought he will definitely miss his destination.
Anyway, the only thing I found annoying was the high power sound box affixed right under each and every seat inside the bus. Its most insufferable and terrifying sound effect was mercilessly battering not only my ears but also my brain and bum cells. For all I know, I was genuinely scared about the possibility of an explosion or a terrible accident in the movie which is nowadays seen as an essential ingredient needed to cook up a successful movie.

No wonder, the school boy frowned at me when I laughed out loud a wee bit, imagining the sight of these people freaking out as they watches "Apocalypse Now" , " Terminator -2" or "Indiana Jones" next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment