Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Free Smile Please.........

A Free Smile Please......... 



Just had a cold shower and a quite dinner alone in front of television, watching the highlights of India- South Africa test match. Feeling fresh after a long 140 Kilometer Motorcycle ride to Sendurai, a tiny, remote village in Dindigul district where I had to visit one of our branches. I love such motorcycle journeys through pristine landscapes enjoying the scenic village roads that piggyback along western ghats. Quietly situated on the edge of Parali, a serene village in the Natham-Madurai Highway, I found this small restaurant owned by a poor man whose name I forgot to ask. He was all smiles as he came down to ask me what I would like to take. It was a beautiful late afternoon, so I ordered for a Dosa. It was so delightful and tasty….
I’ve been so fortunate to stay in many great hotels around the world. Some of them are arguably among the ten best in the planet. But then at the same time I’ve also dined at many small and crampy hotels like this one in picture. One big difference I always notice between service in big hotels and in hotels like this one is that, in big hotels, they are effectively “paid” to smile at customers……

No comments:

Post a Comment