Thursday, March 27, 2014

THUS MY TRYST WITH PEACE BEGAN..




 THUS MY TRYST WITH PEACE BEGAN


Thus my tryst with peace began,
So  am I feeling like a leaping fawn,
No trumpet or bugle was heard at dawn
Just those tweeting of birds,in my lawn.


To muse on the soldiery days of my life,
And the years I settled with solitude and strife,
I sat by the window sans misery and grief,
And lost in that pleasing divinely relief.

Fire in the mind, flames in the cranium I lived
Fraught with damn backpack, days spend not fed
Amongst the  rude terrains, a hermit life I led
 I recks it not, prefered death than drooping head.

 Blest with joy and love, I sat at the window,
With a mind atlast find its own place to flow,
 Time, indeed I found for the first time go slow,
When I betook myself to my dreams that glow.

Yet my heart aches when I look at my beret.
Those days I lived, it’s not easy to forget.
How fast the time, the great redeemer of lament,
Took my youth that I bequeath to my homeland . 


Now the parting pain shall fill my heart no more.
Let me wander a while on some blissful shore,
Those days, I need to dwelt calmly as before,
That I spend with family and friends galore.

No comments:

Post a Comment