Saturday, August 16, 2014

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY- 2014, The Gen WLAN way....

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY- 2014,  
The Gen WLAN way....

I looked out of the window of my car and watched the morning sun coming through the mist. The street was almost deserted. A few passers-by were seen hurrying down the road to the nearby milk shop. Parked the car under the hospitable shade of a tree just outside my sister’s house located at Jawahar Nagar in Kowdiar, Trivandrum, with the engine running, we were waiting for her and her family to come out as we were taking a journey to a far off place to attend an all important family function.

“Look”, said my elder son, “that uncle is distributing national flags”.

I stared out to my right and found this middle aged gentleman scuttling around distributing small plastic tricolors and sweets to those commuters with great zeal and enthusiasm. When he saw my children gawking at him, he ran to meet them and with a warm Independence Day greeting, he handed over a beautiful flag and a few sweets to them. That provided with the opportunity they seemed to have been looking for. They took the chance to confide their intention to that gentleman which he readily agreed. No sooner had I came out of the car to express my sincere congratulations for his such patriotic act and to accept my share of sweet from him than I found my two sons moving around and distributing flags and sweets to other citizens. My sister and family also joined me in observing this interesting episode that was happening all of a sudden in front of their house. I took the opportunity to take some photos. Finally, when we bid adieu to him after spending a reasonable amount of time there, he expressed his great satisfaction at being able to see such an enthusiasm in the faces of the next generation India. As an Ex-Fauji, it came to my mind those most emotional moments in Kashmir during early nineties when we were all involved in distributing sweets to the public in Lal Chowk area during such occasions when terrorism was at its peak there. JAI HIND……JAI BHARAT……
 













No comments:

Post a Comment